08 September 2010

ITS A BOY!!!

Yes, you read correctly, Ezra Thomas Andersen was born at about 6.30pm on Monday 6th September.  That means that we have 2 more weeks in Kijabe and then we will be heading up north to Kalacha.

I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce the Andersens to you all.  Firstly there's Eddie and Rachel, who I have completely failed to get any decent pictures of yet.

Then the kids, Uriah is 8, he's animal mad and all boy, he hates to be inside or be still and is full of strange trivia about the various birds he has trapped and studied (and then let go again).


How annoying would it be if I jumped infront of the camera every time you try take a picture?

Then Ja-el, Ja-el is the only child I've ever met who is capable of getting dirty whilst sitting still.  She loves to run and climb and play but is equally happy curled up in a corner on her own with a book.


NB - Acacia took this, unaided.

Acacia is the little princess.  She loves anything arty and has discovered a love of photography, I think she's taken almost as many of my pictures as I have.  She's Ezra's 'Mama Cita' (little Mama), but don't say it to her face, you won't half get glared at.


Mama Cita

Miriam is a force of nature to put it mildly.  At 4 she wants to keep up with everything the others do and hates to be left behind.  She's the one with a fiercely independent streak who is likely to be quite offended by an offer of help.


Don't ask Miriam to smile for the camera, you get this face.

Then Silas, Silas is the mechanic.  He wants to know how everything works, to take it apart and put it back together again.  He's permenantly happy and smiling, he will sit in the midst of complete chaos, smile innocently at you and request a story.


Butter wouldn't melt...

And then Ezra, I have distinctly less to say about Ezra, at 2 days old he's mostly just plain cute.

If I keep pretending to be asleep then maybe everyone will leave me alone.
NB - Acacia took this one too.

4 comments:

  1. u r so write about the "just plain cute" thing, he's adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ezra is beautiful :) I hope he's still doing well. Looks like you've got your hands full! xx Love Georgie

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i please have one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw anonymous is me, helen x or at least the 2nd one is :)

    ReplyDelete